When you think of tooth replacements, do your grandfather's dentures come to mind? Did they slip or look unnatural? Thankfully, today's dentures and dental implants from Gentle Dental Care in Mount Prospect are completely different. Precision crafted for best performance and appearance, new teeth from Dr. George Mui restore smiles; you'll feel like yourself again.
Why should you replace missing teeth?
Dear Doctor reports the most important reason to replace missing teeth is bone loss. Lose a tooth and lose bone in the jaw. This changes your oral function and facial aesthetic forever.
However, when you plan for tooth replacement with dentures, or optimally, with dental implants, your musculature, bone, and nerves stay strong and work harmoniously toward normal speech, biting, and chewing. Plus, with adequate bone in the jaw, you'll have the bite height to keep your face's youthfulness.
Your tooth replacement options
At Gentle Dental Care in Mount Prospect, Dr. George Mui offers a wide array of tooth replacement choices, crafted from high-quality acrylic, porcelain, and medical-grade metals. His artistic eye and years of experience help him tailor treatment plans that improve oral health and function and also create smiles that boost his patients' confidence.
If you are missing one or more teeth, or know that extractions are forthcoming, Dr. Mui will work with you to complete your smile. Expect a comprehensive dental exam, including digital X-rays and oral impressions. You'll discuss your preferences and what fits your budget.
Here are the kinds of tooth replacements Dr. Mui and his team offer:
- Dental implants Artificial roots for supporting new crowns, implants fuse to the jaw bone through osseointegration. By reinforcing the jaw bone, implants maintain efficient oral function and youthful facial contours. These titanium devices support crowns for single-tooth replacement or anchor full or partial dentures.
- Partial removable dentures Clasps or hidden precision attachments affix these appliances to remaining natural teeth. Partials replace one or more teeth, completing a smile the same way a puzzle piece finishes a jigsaw puzzle.
- Fixed bridgework With this tried and true appliance, one or more replacement teeth are attached to porcelain crowns. The crowns cover natural teeth on both sides of the smile gap. Bridges cannot be removed by the patient.
- Full immediate dentures These dentures let patients who have lost all their teeth have complete and functional smiles right away. The dentist puts them in following dental extractions and refits or replaces them several weeks later when the gums and bone have healed.
- Full conventional dentures Used for generations to help completely edentulous people, these upper and lower "plates" stay in the mouth via suction. They are inserted after the extraction sites have healed. Patients experience better fit and function immediately.
What's best for your smile?
Come to Gentle Dental Care in Mount Prospect, and Dr. George Mui will help you answer that question. Get back your smile! Call today for a tooth replacement consultation: (847) 253-5901.